Monday, September 13, 2010

Wow, I need to update this thing!

Well, what's it been.... almost a year since I posted something on this blog? I'm so sorry! I am going to try to be better at posting and keeping everything up to date. It's been a little crazy these past few months with a 10 year old, a 9 year old, a 2 year old and a 1 year old running around! I wouldn't change my busyness for the world and love to hear the pitter patter of little feet and the laughter of my children.

To update things a bit, Taevion and T'aeja officially became the newest members of the Wisler family on August 3, 2010. They legally became Elijah Robert Wisler and Kayla Faith Wisler. Robert is my grandfather's name and he was an amazing man of God who pastored for many years. He would have loved these children but he went home to be with the Lord 4 yeas ago after a long battle with Lymphoma. Faith is what it took for us to step out of our comfort zone and and place the whole adoption situation in God's hands. It has been an amazing story of ups and downs and of seeing God's faithfulness and goodness to our family. It feels amazing to have them be ours FOREVER and yes, I love being the mom of a little girl! Had we had a little girl right from the start, I don't think I would appreciate all of the little things that little girls do and how they act. She has Steve (and ok, myself) wrapped right around her little fingers. Eli is a busy little man with a love for life and a love for making noise but that's ok! Steve and I say that we are excited to see what God does with this little boy and how that loud voice and zest for life will be used. They are so dear and precious and going through this process has reminded me yet again of how I too have been adopted into God's family and I am a child of the King.

Ethan is 10 years old and is in the 4th grade. He loves learning at school, playing outside and is such a sweet boy! Drew is 9 and is in the 3rd grade. He loves socializing at school, playing outside and is also a great kid! We have been blessed and are humbled to think that we are the perfect parents for these four blessings. We know our sins and our short comings but God still wants to use us! We are so thankful for the opportunity to expand the walls of our heart to welcome Eli and Kayla and somehow, the walls of our home seem to expand as well. Despite our small house, we are all happy and content and look forward to what God has in store for our family of six!


No comments:

Post a Comment